Legend Unleashed - M. Latimer-Ridley If you're looking for something magical and just a pure delight to read, you've found it in Legend Unleashed by M Lattimer-Ridley. I wasn't sure what to expect when I was given this to read, but it definitely wasn't the exciting, thrilling journey that I went on as I read it.Temperance is a girl who looks after her parents as they go through life. They are the type of parents who think nothing of dancing naked on a solstice night. But, the fun really begins when she meets Alistair, and she discovers that not everyone around her is how they appears to be. Danger lurks around every corner.From the very first page I was caught up in the suspense and adventure, and it only got better. I really liked how it brought the magical world together. Most of the popular forms of fantasy creatures was in this book - from Wizards to Werewolves and Vampires to Elementals, it could be found here. There was just something really nice about this book that was different from most books. I think it was the enjoyment factor. It was nicely written, the pace was great and the main characters were likable. The world-building and blending of the normal realm and magical one was also really good. And, unlike other books, it did not remind me forcibly of any other book I had read.Temperance was a lovely character. She looked after her parents in a way that was comforting, not controlling. She definitely didn't fall all over Alastair, like her parents and his uncle wanted her to. I'd say she was quite a stubborn character. She definitely wasn't shy in telling people what she thought. I think she grew into herself as the story went on. I really felt connected to her. I kind of felt sorry for her when she thought she had to take meds so she didn't end up like her parents.I think there was another thing I liked about this book. There was definitely no insta-love between her and Alistair, but there wasn't that sense of instant hatred either. It just felt like they were indifferent to each other until further along in the book. I really liked the pace of their relationship.Alastair was a character I also liked. I liked his take-charge attitude, but it wasn't controlling. Well, I didn't think so. He was loyal, protective, and he knew how to fight his battles. He really was hero material. He did what he had to do to make sure that both he and Temperance came out okay. I would also like to mention Halvard. I loved him. I think he was my favorite character out of the whole book. He was special and a mystery. And, there was a link between him and Alistair that was just totally unexpected. If you want you learn more about this character you need to read this book! The whole story line to this book was awesome. I know I'm gushing, but I can't help it. I was just really taken with this book.I'm trying to think of something I didn't like about it, and I just can't. I just can't think of anything that stood out enough to bother me. Even the slight feeling that I wanted to know more about the characters didn't bother me, because everything else was spot on - to me at least. I would recommend this to anyone who likes paranormal/fantasy books, especially if you like a little mystery in your story.Now for my rating 4 out of 5 starsThis review can be found here http://magicalmanuscriptsandwritingthings.blogspot.co.nz/