The Betrayal - Sheila Hendrix The bond between brothers can be unconquerable and nothing proves this more than Zack and Matt, the two brothers in Sheila Hendrix's The Betrayal.The Betrayal is about two brothers -one gifted and one not - who will do anything to keep each other safe. When the Demon Alanya targets Matthew for his powers, Zack feels almost powerless to stop him. Even when several other characters come into play there is still a battle on for everyone's lives.I think what I liked about this book was that the demon really acted like a demon. He was evil, demented and slightly sadistic in his dealings with Zack and Matthew. He fed on the anger, hatred and the worst of the human elements. And, even though I don't really understand how he ended up in the cave and I only know a tiny little bit about him and his back story, it was worth reading the book just for him.I also liked the other characters as well. I actually can't think of any character I didn't like, well, except for the one I wasn't meant to like. There were several characters as well as the main ones. All, that worked as a team to bring down the bad guy. Shane was the one who had had the most history with the demon. He was brave, even self-sacrificing. Now I must admit that when I first started reading this book, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not. Something just seemed a little flat - the writing I guess. And, I won't deny that I think that the book could be so much more than it was, especially when it was the secondary characters that appealed to me more than the main ones. But, I also won't dispute that as I read on I got pulled into the story and couldn't help cheering on the good guys. I wanted to see if they ended up defeating the monster so everything else kind of faded out after awhile. I think that the plot was actually quite clever in the way that Matt, Zach and their older friends all made up part of a team that hunted evil monsters. I would recommend this book to people who like demons portrayed as demons and for those who like suspense and just a little violence.Now for my rating:-Three out of five stars. This review can be found here:-http://magicalmanuscriptsandwritingthings.blogspot.co.nz/