Dark Promise (Between Worlds, #1) - Julia Crane,  Talia Jager Turmoil, heartache and unexpected romance - all three are immersed into this tale of the Fae.There was something so incredibly sweet about this tale and Kylie was a very special character. She endured more than most teenagers would face on the event of their sixteenth birthday. There was something really relatable about her. Just her reactions to things. I couldn't help thinking that I would feel exactly the same way. I really loved the characters - all of them. But I think Kallan held my heart the most. The way the relationships worked made me feel I got to know each person and how much they truly loved each other as a family.The plot was also exciting, but in a soft gentle way. This was an easy fun read- one that could easily be read in a night, simply because you can't put it down. I found it that way. I just couldn't put it down. So even though I'm half-blind due to tiredness as I write this review, I have to say it's a good kind. This is really going to be a book that romance lovers will enjoy. I really enjoyed the writing style and the flow of this story. It wasn't the prosiest book of ever read, but it didn't need to be - the story was enough on its own. There were some parts where I thought one of the character's reaction could have been toned down a bit, but I guess I understood why it had been done that way.If I have any real complaint it's that I think the ending came too fast. The plot was heading one way one minute and a different way the next, but I think that had to do with setting it up for the sequel.Overall, I really enjoyed this book and I would recommend it to fantasy romance lovers.Now for my rating:-Three out of five starsThis review can be found here:-http://magicalmanuscriptsandwritingthings.blogspot.co.nz/