Frost Fire (Tortured Elements, #1)

Frost Fire - Olivia Rivers Spell-binding, gritty and action on wheels. Some of the words I'd use to describe Frost Fire.From the start of the Prologue to the very last word on the last page, I was hooked by the simple never-ending drama of this book. It's been a while since I've been unable to put a book down, but this book was one I wasn't able to stop reading. I think one of the things that appealed to me was that the main boy character was such a reluctant hero. He wasn't one who relished the part he had to play in the heroine's life, but was more doing it out of a sense of duty. I don't even know if those are the right words to use, but he played a big part on why I really enjoyed this book. It wasn't the 'oh he's such a hot boy' type of thing, but more because his personality was so different from any other boy characters I've read about. Yeah, Drake was one special dude.That's not to say that the other characters didn't mean a lot to me too, because they did. Allai was someone I wanted to cry for. Her whole life shattered for reasons she never even knew about. The secondary characters also had their part to play from Drake's father, Rhaize, to Luke, who had a secret that I only discovered at the end and which totally shocked me.The writing flowed really nicely and, as I kind of mentioned above, never had a dull moment. I love it when a story has me so invested that I don't look for faults and Frost Fire had that. I also liked how it was original from anything else I'd read. Sure, there were demons in it, but the plot was different and held my interest. I couldn't see any similarities between it and other books. And all I could think of after I had finished it was - I'm really glad there's going to be a sequel because I'm definitely going to check it out.Overall, this book was a wonderfully exciting read and I would recommend it to anyone who like demon stories that have an edge.Now for my rating:-Four out of five stars.This review can be found herehttp://magicalmanuscriptsandwritingthings.blogspot.co.nz/