Prodigy (Legend Series #2)

Prodigy - Marie Lu Sometimes the second book in a series can lead to disappointment, but not in this case. 'Prodigy' was just as enjoyable as 'Legend'.'Prodigy' continues the tale of Day and June just days after their escape from the Republic. That's one of the things I really enjoyed about this book. I liked how the timeline of the book was continual, instead of it skipping ahead a few months. The story just expanded in this book. I got to learn more about the Republic and the Patriots. There were twists and turns in this novel and I had to wonder, during some time through it, just who the bad guys were.I must admit that I didn't like Day quite so much in this book. He came across as whiny and kind of disloyal. He had doubts that bugged me, even though I guess it was realistic given what he had been though and his age. It annoyed me how he seemed to lose his faith in the person who had saved his life and was keen to listen to others. But, what saved him for me was the last few chapters. They were sensational, and so he redeemed himself and is still entirely crush-worthy.June was the stronger character in this book. Even though she had mixed feelings about the Republic. I couldn't blame her for that because of the way she had been raised. She had been through hell herself and she stayed loyal to the people she cared about - especially Day. There was plenty of action and suspense that kept 'Prodigy' a really page turner and, as usual, the writing was exceptional. I loved it in 'Legend' and I loved it here. The world that Marie Lu created came alive for me and I thoroughly enjoyed it - even with the annoyance I had with some of the characters. And the ending had me spellbound. I don't think Marie Lu could have left it any more intense than she did. I was torn between bawling my eyes and out and throwing the book across the room, disappointed that it had ended. I still can't believe I have to wait to find out what happens. I would recommend this book to anyone who like Dystopian novels, but with a warning to read 'Legend' first.Now for my rating:-Five out of five starsThis review can be found here:-http://magicalmanuscriptsandwritingthings.blogspot.co.nz/